The Association for Professional Chaplains offers wonderful opportunities for continuing education through webinars for persons who want to learn more about providing pastoral or spiritual care to persons with healthcare issues.
You are invited to join our UAB Pastoral Care Team as we gather for these live webinars. These learning opportunities are offered at no charge, and no reservations are needed.
Webinars are open to anyone in the hospital or community, professionals or lay persons. We usually have 15-20 people gathering for a webinar, including chaplains from other hospitals.
Read more about each topic by clicking on the title, but do not register if you plan to join us as UAB Pastoral Care has already paid for it on your behalf.
Webinars are hosted in the Library of the UAB Pastoral Care Department located on the first floor of the West Pavilion, next to the Interfaith Chapel. Call 205-934-4254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Links provided below are for additional information about the webinar, but no registration is needed when watching with our pastoral care team.
- March 4, 2015 — Death with Dignity: Why do Patients Request Hastened Death, 1:00-2:30 pm CST
- March 10, 2015 — WJC4 S4 Chaplain Care for a Teen with Spinal Cord Injury, 1:00 PM CT – 2:15 PM CST
- March 23, 2015 — Preparing for BCCI Hospice and Palliative Care Specialty Certification, 1:00 PM CT – 2:30 PM CT
- April 23, 2015 — Reimagining Chaplaincy Education as Interprofessional Learning: A Case Study with Research Data, 1:00 PM CT – 2:30 PM CT
- May 12, 2015 — WJC4 S5 Chaplaincy Care for a Young Man Who Attempted Suicide, 1:00 PM CT – 2:15 PM CST