This Wednesday, February 10, 2016 the UAB Pastoral Care Department is offering “Ashes to Go“ once again at UAB Medicine in three locations including, The North Pavilion, The Kirklin Clinic, and UAB Highlands.
Click on the image of Ashes to Go to the right for a schedule where our Chaplains will be to impose ashes on your forehead.
Listening and walking alongside you in your journey while you are our guest is what we do best. We nurture and pay attention to your inner resources that can provide hope, meaning, and healing even in the most challenging of times.
Our mission is to offer compassionate, professional pastoral care in the hospital, outpatient clinic, and community for patients, significant others, and employees. We carry out our mission through three channels of ministry:
- Building Relationships – We visit one-on-one with patients, family members, and employees in UAB Hospital and outpatient settings (The Kirklin Clinic and others).
- Providing Education – We provide education in the community by building partnerships through our unique Support Team Network, and in the hospital through Psychosocial Spiritual Grand Rounds, Schwartz Rounds, and Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) to train future pastoral caregivers.
- Quick Links:
- A Vision for UAB Pastoral Care, 2014-2016
- Connect with a Chaplain (by email, phone, Skype, FaceTime)
- Please give us your feedback or your comments here.
- More about our Staff Chaplains
- Page the Chaplain on Call, 205-934-2599 | Call The Department of Pastoral Care at 205.934.4254 | Fax 205-934-4286 | Email UAB Pastoral Care at Chaplains@uab.edu.
- Jobs at UAB Pastoral Care (Application process is closed)