We care for the whole person–body, mind, and spirit at UAB Medicine. As professional board certified Chaplains, we offer care and compassion to you regardless of your faith background.
Listening and walking alongside you in your journey while you are our guest is what we do best. We nurture and pay attention to your inner resources that can provide hope, meaning, and healing even in the most challenging of times.
- Building Relationships - We visit one-on-one with patients, family members, and employees in the hospital and outpatient settings.
- Providing Education - We provide education in the community through Support Team development, and in the hospital through Psychosocial Spiritual Grand Rounds, Schwartz Grand Rounds, worship/prayer services, and Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) to train future pastoral caregivers.
- Developing Research - We measure the effectiveness of what we do with patients, family members, and employees and learn how we can improve our quality and efficiency.
- Our vision of the future of healthcare chaplaincy.
- Please give us your feedback or your comments here.
- More about our Staff Chaplains
- Page the Chaplain on Call, 205-934-2599 | Call The Department of Pastoral Care at 205.934.4254 | Email UAB Pastoral Care at Chaplains@uab.edu.
- Jobs at UAB Pastoral Care